Do I need web Hosting for WordPress?
WordPress is one of the most popular CMS (Content Management System) platforms in the world. This platform is used by millions of people around the world to create websites and blogs. It is possible to create a website from scratch using WordPress or create a fully functioning blog. Users love WordPress due to its intuitive and easy to use platform, and the fact that you can incorporate a huge number of plugins into your website to extend its functionality. One recurring question that new WordPress users are often confused about, is if you need a web hosting service for your WordPress website? This article answers this question once and for all – enjoy!
No, you don’t need hosting for WordPress
Ok so lets jump right in and answer the question simply – no you do not need to purchase a web hosting package to create a WordPress website. Why? Because you can host your website through the WordPress hosting system on the platform itself. WordPress.com and WordPress.org are two platforms that you can create a website for free through – including the hosting and website domain name (the website address). You can simply create a WordPress account and domain name, and upload your files to your allocated server space at WordPress – there is no need to use a third party WordPress hosting service. The following are some of the pros and cons of using the integrated WordPress hosting:
– It’s free! You literally don’t have to pay a penny for the URL or hosting
– You can benefit from WordPress updates and improvements
– The WordPress hosting service is extremely reliable and robust
– There is no need to spend time searching for a third party hosting provider
– You have to have a WordPress domain name which doesn’t look as professional
– You do not have as much control over your hosting solution
You can purchase WordPress hosting plans however
So we have established that you don’t need to purchase web hosting to use WordPress. That does not mean however that you can’t, or that you shouldn’t. It is actually possible to purchase a third-party WordPress hosting solution, and there are many companies that specialize in this type of hosting. These web hosting companies will have the WordPress CMS system on their servers and can manage your WordPress based website on your behalf. You can benefit from a custom domain name i.e. www.yourbusiness.com and a much greater level of control.
Using a third-party WordPress hosting service is preferable for a business or person who wants to use the CMS platform, but also wants a greater degree of control over their website and its hosting solution. The following are some of the main pros and cons of using a third-party hosting solution for WordPress:
– Greater control over your hosting solution
– Faster speeds, more storage space, and tighter security
– A custom domain name that doesn’t have the WordPress subdomain attached
– Can gain help with your WordPress setup and benefit from advanced features
– Can scale your website and hosting easier to match your business development
– This is obviously not a free solution, although the cost is usually minimal
– More work is required (but not much!)
We hope you have found this article useful. As you can see, there are many available options if you wish to create and host a WordPress based website. Why not have a look at the WordPress integrated hosting, or check out some third-party WordPress hosting solutions today and make your website dream a reality?